Roll on Spring 2015!
Author and programmer: Ron Barrow
I keep dreaming of an end to the cold weather here in England!
A New Applet!
I've written a new applet on The Intersecting Chords Theorem(s), to add to my suite of Circle Theorems applets. This topic is part of the iGCSE and may soon be in GCSE.
A new tutorial service in English and Maths has opened in Tonbridge, Kent. I work there from time to time. Tonbridge Education. Sarah the proprietor is an excellent English teacher and can also teach Maths very well to the younger kids (ages 5-14). So we complement each other rather well.
Problems with applets
For quite a while there have been annoying messages about security of applets, and now some security settings block them altogether. This is unfair to people like me, whose applets are perfectly safe and always have been. I had almost given up hope because of the problem, but I've been encouraged by the number of people who still contact me with messages of support.
A solution for most users:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed.
- Go into the Control and click on the 'Java' item, and then the 'Security' tab.
- Check the option 'High' rather than 'Very High'.
- At the bottom, add the following to the Exception Site List - http://www.waldomaths.com
- You will get the warning messages about security, but if you accept them the applets should run.
- If you are finished using Waldomaths applets, you may want to reset the Security Level to 'Very High', especially if you are visiting more risky sites.
My videos on youTube
I am transferring some of my videos to youTube rather than hosting them myself. This is so that you can watch the videos on almost any device. You will still get to the videos by navigating to them on this site using the videos link.
Please send me a small donation to keep Waldomaths going.
With best wishes to all those who support and value Waldomaths.